Whether you’re a passionate royalist or just grateful there's a four-day weekend, this weekend’s celebrations will make the history books.
So getting into the spirit of this, we were inspired by the winning Jubilee trifle, a zesty mix of citrus fruit and amoretti biscuits to make this Gin and Lemon marmalade cocktail to accompany our cheat’s try at the trifle.
Roisin (Head of Showrooms at Day True) expertly put the cocktail together for us in the Chelsea showroom (it had to be in the Royal borough didn’t it!) and here is what you need to make it:
- A cocktail shaker
- 2 shots Gin – We used a lemon Gin but it isn’t necessary
- Lots of ice – we infused ours with lemon and mint
- 1 shot Triple Sec
- Lemon Marmalade
- Lemon peel
- A dash of tonic (if you like)
How to mix it:
- Gin and lemon are a perfect pairing for a refreshing cocktail
- Add as much ice as you can to the cocktail shaker
- Add the shots of Gin, Triple sec, tonic and lemon peel
- Add the lemon marmalade for sweetness and depth of flavor
- Shake well to infuse all the ingredients
- Serve over a slice of lemon for garnish and use a glass straw to drink.